This paper is the English Summary of the report “Systemische Instrumente für die Regionalentwicklung”. The research project was induced by the following considerations:
- “Regions” – or more precisely: the actors of regional development and addressees of regional policies and their interrelationships – can be described as social systems.
- Social systems are based on communication.
- Regional development therefore cannot be influenced without modifying communication with and within the relevant social systems.
- To make interventions in social systems more effective new communication techniques have been developed during the last decades.
- Regional policies could (and should) make use of such “systemic” techniques, if appropriate.
The aims of this project therefore are:
- To give an overview of instruments particularly suitable for working with / in social systems;
- To assess their relevance and applicability for regional development work;
- To present and describe the instruments in a concise and well-structured manner;
- To provide useful background information to facilitate their application.
Read also: Systemische Instrumente für die Regionalentwicklung